1. Join a small group through Hope Community Church
2. Find somewhere to regularly volunteer.
3. Make a budget and stick to it.
4. Cook more. Try new recipes. Invite people over to test out my experiments.
5. Read a book about the history of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
6. Get a bike and use it.
7. Subscribe to the Star Tribune and read it daily.
8. Write letters to my friends who will be all over the country and the world this summer.
9. Spend time with God daily, memorize verses, and spend more time in prayer.
I'm a little nervous about what this summer will bring. I don't want to look back and realize that I've regressed. I want this summer to be one of extreme growth; both spiritually, and into the adult that I want to be. I want this summer to be a summer where I actively develop those traits that I want to have, but have felt like I haven't had time for...such as being more politically aware, staying in contact with the people who have made me who I am, and actively pursuing my relationship with Jesus. It could be so easy to slip into a state of apathy and complacency, but I want more than that. I want a challenge. I want change. I want growth. So, send me your address or a recipe, recommend a life-changing book, sermon, or blog, volunteer to test out my experiments and/or accompany me in exploring, or give me more ideas. Most of all, join me in prayer that this summer not be wasted. Thanks friends!