Friday, June 17, 2011

Ten Highlights.

1.        Summer! Lots of work, but no homework. Score!

2.       Northside cleanup- At the end of May a tornado came through North Minneapolis. There was a lot of damage, but it was awesome to see the amount of volunteers that bonded together to help with the clean up process. The first day I went, they had a “problem” of too many volunteers. Pretty sweet problem if you ask me. I am so glad I got to be one of those volunteers! We went out and cut up some fallen trees, piled the branches by the side of the road so the city could pick them up, and offered to help people anyway we could. Not only did I get a good workout, but I met some awesome people and got a new heart for North Mpls.

3.       Fishing- I love days by the lake with my family and grandparents. Peaceful. Relaxing. I not only got my first tan lines of the summer, but I also got the biggest fish. Large mouth bass. No big deal ;)

4.       The Davinci Code- It has been on my list and on my bookshelf for quite sometime. I got a chance to read it, and I could not put it down! I was hooked from the beginning. Dan Brown is a very creative author. I understand why the book has been a point of contention, but I personally thought it was a great work of fiction and would LOVE to discuss it with anyone who wants to. 

5.       Walnut Staff (ACR)- I am so blessed to get to work with such fantastic ladies! Gosh, I love working with people who care so much about what they do. These women have such awesome hearts and it has been so fun to live life alongside them these past two years! Keep it up Walnut!

6.       Hillary in MN!-  Hilly, a friend I met at Baylor, came up for an art conference  and got to spend a bunch of time with me! After a year, it was so great to see her! I got to give her the “Annie Brock Tour of Mpls,” which included stops at the Guthrie (for the view) and Sebastian Joe’s (for ice cream).  We went to Grand Ave, Cupcake, a birthday party, The Sculpture Gardens, and downtown where we discovered a free outdoor concertt, and of course we hit up MOA J It was such a fun and relaxing time with her here! Maybe I’ll see her for Baylor’s homecoming in the fall? We’ll see.

7.        Hope Small Group- I love Hope Community Church. The people and the preaching has been such a blessing in my two years in the city! I have been wanting to get more involved, but I didn’t want my time to be too much divided between Hope and the Navigators. Now that I’ve graduated, I’m ready to jump head first into the community at Hope. I am now involved in a small group on Thursday nights. I’ve only been to two so far, but I am loving the study and the people. I can already tell it’s going to be phenomenal.

8.        Becky’s Bachelorette Party- Dancing the night away. With old friends and family. What could be better?

9.       Mom’s surgery- Well, I guess the fact that Mom had to have surgery isn’t a highlight (she’s recovering well), but the amount of time I’ve gotten to spend with my family these last two days has been awesome. When we were little, we fought a lot, but now were in the phase of realizing that that we actually like each other. It’s pretty great. So the waiting room was quite exciting with all of us siblings, my dad, and my brother’s girlfriend there. We like to have fun, no matter where we are, and we LOVE to laugh. We are probably some of the only people who play games in hospital waiting rooms and laugh hysterically…while trying to be respectful of course. (This may have led to some laughing at inappropriate times…. But we won’t get into that…;)…)

10.  Psych- I’m halfway through season one of Psych. It’s great J

The End. For Now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment